Interacting with smart contracts can sometimes be difficult. This space is here to facilitate the use of smart contracts in particular using the Dero blockchain. In addition some information can be found here to help those who are still not decentralized. The devs also work for Dero so if you want us to implement a smart contract idea contact us on Discord. There are so many ways to decentralize everything from finance, news and social media there is almost no excuse anymore. And always remember “Not your keys not your crypto!”
New Wallet Registration
- Sometimes wallet registration will hang or take several hours. New wallet address registration requires proof of work. Registering requires proof of work (to prevent registration spamming) the less CPU power you have the longer it will take. Registration is directly related to your CPU power, not nodes. On a device like Android you may need to register your new wallet address from a more powerful machine and then import your wallet address on your Android device.
- Dero does not use secure web sockets to communicate between nodes and applications primarily because of the use of Homomorphic encryption. Dero developers have indicated that secure web sockets wss:// are not necessary. Because this architecture was chosen by the Dero developers, applications written for Dero use http instead of https. Https secure protocol is not secure because anyone can share keys. Https protocol is only for masking your transactions at an ISP level and does nothing to protect your Dero transactions. More about Dero architecture here. The current smart contract API works best in Chrome and Firefox.
Smart contract API features
- no browser extension this was removed with the new framework
- the only installation you need is your wallet ( see How-To )
- included some batch file install scripts to make wallet install easier
- multiple contracts with custom features in one application
- basic send Dero features included
- mobile friendly stand alone application
- application runs in ZeroNet !
If you are not famliar with ZeroNet you should start using it. We do plan to build more of these applications and host all of them through ZeroNet. We are still in Beta when it comes to ZeroNet but so far ZeroNet is looking like a stable hosting platform.